Blog Archive

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Anziano Orso Letter January 1, 2014

Ciao Tutti !!

come state!!! these past few weeks have been insane and its hard to keep the week in order haha. but man december is always a filled week for everyone, Christmas (natale) new years (capodano) plus activities and everything else. work was crazy this week too!! a lot of things changed in the mission since i got here in the mission. new zones, new areas, mores missionaries. my mission has over 300 missionaries! thats insane.

christmas was awesome!! went to a families house and ate dinner, then skyped families, helped show me my reason why im out here! i also knew but its good getting that reassurance.

new years is crazy for everyone here!!! any chance italians can get to party they do it haha. which means its more work for us, but we had to be in the house by 5pm because people get intense when it gets dark haha. but the area that im in (alessandria) is full of a lot of teen that love soccer and basket! so we plan  a lot activities with the young adults and young men and women to help us, they bring friends and it helps us get cool with them, then they find out we're american and they get curious why we're here, its  a good finding tool for us here.

not sure whats going to happy but i may get transferred to a new city, we maybe getting sisters in this area, which means theyre going to kick my copia out haha. but its cool because i would have served in three cities within my first year on my mission, which is neat. because i have been in all three corners of the mission already!!! its excited to see italy!! 

the language is coming a lot better!!! i can have a conversation and understand what theyre saying, the only time i dont understand is when they say something that i havent learned yet, which is rare because i learned all the words that are used in normal conversation already.  i have seen many blessings already here with my language, because we run into english speakers every once and a while, and i have been able to help them!!! its cool!!

but i want to say this past year a lot has happened to me!! i decided to serve a mission, im 6 months in my mission and have see then change in my life, my family and the people i meet. i talked with my mission preseident and he told me, "the first 18 years of my life helped me get to this point right now, now use that knowledge and experience and serve the next 18 months of your mission as best and obedient as you can." thanks for everything!!! happy new year!!! merry christmas!! lets make 2014 the best we all can!!! ciao!! ti voglio bene!!

ps. the pic is me in Vincenza!! such an awesome and pretty place!! 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment