Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Anziano Orso Letter August 7, 2013
how is everything. i feel like this week has gone by really quick!! but its always a good day when i can see all your emails and write you!!
so much happens in a week here its really hard to always remember when i want to write. but i write it in my journal so i have it written somewhere. so this week has been a lot of finding work. it was been pretty hard getting lessons. since me and my companion are opening this area we had to start from scratch, with 0 investigators. but the lord has shown us blessings and miracles because of our hard work. we went on exchanged this week, so i went with anziano Anderson for a few appointments. we went to this less active member and she asked me is i was related to the other Anziano Orso that served here 30yr ago! its crazy cause i have not met anyone else who has the same last name. and here in my area a lot of member keep telling me i look like another Missionary that served here many years ago....maybe its a distant relative!!! :O haha
one of the great miracles we had was yesterday; my second day here i need to go get my "green card" for italy. so we went to the post office to make my appointment. while in line there was this lady and her daughter who recognized my last name as italian, but laughed because it ment "bear" haha. but that was the last we saw of them. well yesterday we decided to pass by an old investigator who hasnt met with missionaries since 2010. while we were there only the husband answered the door. we started teaching him a lesson about the church when his daughter and wife came in....guessed it yet? it was the lady and her daughter from the post office!!!! it was a huge blessing because we didnt even plan to stop by their house, we only went because our other three lessons fell through. but it was awesome because we kind of met already, so it was funny, and we all laughed haha. such a good blessing after earlier that day.
so yesterday i was sick, i has a fever and body aches, but i took medicine and drank water, so now i feel a lot better today(:
so here are some fun facts about italy that is different than america:
1. everything closes around 12-3 for lunch!! i mean everything its a ghost town, everyone goes home to eat lunch, because lunch is the big meal of the day instead of dinner or breakfast.
2. august is a dead week in italy!! everyone goes to the beach, so there is no one home or on the streets, which stinks for us cause that means we have no lessons and we're walking around 6 hr. by ourselves haha
3. soda has less surgar here then america! its weird tasting at first, but then you get used to it.
4. club soda is a refreshing fancy water here, if you are meeting with someone important, you drink club soda, which stinks cause i hate it haha
5. the shoulder bag is really popular here.......for guys. i see more guys wearing purses that girls haha. but thats the style here haha.
anyway i love you guys a lot, some days its hard, but at the end of the day i can always count one miracle, which makes up for the rest. this work is amazing, and i love the opportunity i am given to serve a mission, the language is hard, but when i talk the spirit helps testify what im saying(: love and miss you guys!!! ill write to you next week.
love Anziano Orso
ps! last pday i went to the duomo in Florence!!! its weird, im so tired all the time, sometimes it doesnt hit me that im in Italy haha weird.....
these pics are of florence!!
This one is in Prato, Italy
In Prato, Italy
inside a church in Florence, Italy
outside Dom's apartment
at 5:38 PM