Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Anziano Orso Letter September 4, 2013

Ciao Tutti in America?? come state?? sono felice sempre!! amo lovoro di missionario!! ill explain how my week went!!

thursday was really interesting, i went to Mass at a Catholic church and there was this one lady who hated that we were there. she kept looking back and giving us dirty looks. anyway we were walking down the street and we saw her so we looked at her and said "buona sera" then she took out her cross necklace and smacked me in the face with it....and said something to me i couldnt understand, me and my companion just looked at each other and laughed haha. then we met this other lady who we stopped and talked to her about the church, while i was talking it was hard to understand me, but she said i was really cute and pinched my cheeks.... hard. that is the first time that has ever happened to me haha.

friday was really good too!! we had our fireside at the church which was about helping others get involved in missionary work. it was really good. and i had to teach a part of the fireside, it was difficult, but i did my best and everyone in the branch helped me with my italian. but at the end, i was eating my bag of M&M and all the little kids starting attacking me for them....i mean they were jumping on chairs and hanging on my leg. the worst part was i didnt know how to say get off, or hold on in italian....i just stood there until the parents finally took their kids off of me haha.

Sunday!!! we had our first investigator come to church!!! his name is Gianlucca, hes really cool!! he came to church on the day we dont want people to really come...."fast and testimony meeting".....so the entire time we were hoping they wouldnt say anything really crazy, church here in italy is way different!! first. they dont silence their phones, so in the middle of the meeting someones phone would ring and they would answer it! not even go in the hall. but thats normal here. but anyway he said he liked it and we are meeting with him sat!!

monday was our big cleaning day!! and we got a lot done, and also in the apartment we found two disney story books!! theyre cool, so i looked through them, it actually helps me with the language because i learn other words that is not usually learned in a Gospel sense, but i bet Chelsea will like them when i get home!! also found out that my companion is now the District Leader of our area, so that means i will be going on splits with all the other missionaries!! which is exciting, cause i have been here in Prato for 6 weeks!! but anziano Ibba is getting transfered, so ill see him maybe before he leaves to go home.

now tuesday was by far insane haha, we were cooking lunch when the power went out....so after 20 min. we finally got it turned one, but my comp. was grilling a baked potato in the microwave, and they i smell something burning....the Microwave was on FIRE!!!! so i hurry and unplugged it and my comp. ran in and the fire died out, but i swear the apartment was haunted for a little haha. then later that day we had an appointment with Gianlucca who came to church, he thought i was 25yr and my comp was 31yr. i dont know to take it as im mature for my age, or i look old....but everyone here looks younger than they really are.
vi voglio bene tutti!!! Ciao fino sentimana prossima!!
Anziano Orso
David Statue in Florence, Italy

Disney Store in Florence, Italy

Elder Orso and companions in Florence, Italy

Elder Orso in Italy

Elder Orso and Companion in Prato, Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment